Monday, April 04, 2011

Today, I am traumatised by a lizard.

You may find the following sentence stupid, but this blog post will explain why I am feeling that way.


"I am extremely afraid of reptiles, shell-like creatures, slimy objects. Examples: Snails, Lizards, Cockroach, Frogs & Turtles, Snakes and Komodo dragon/chameleon."

Its a type of fear. I have no control of it at all.
I always get this:

"Aiyoo its just a lizard! why you so scare! you are so much bigger and its totally harmless to you!"

Yes I know, they are harmless to me and there are dozens of things I can do to conquer it.
But there is nothing I can do to fear!
Please understand that its a natural reaction! Why would I purposely want myself to be afraid of such things!

Anyways, the highlight of this post today is that our dear Mr.Lizard, He CLIMB INTO MY ROOM after my mum discover it and she scream at the top of her voice.

Thanks to this, I took out 50% of my stuffs out of my room, placing them all over the house, hitting every single spot of my room trying very very hard to locate him and get him out of my room.
(I decided the gender of the lizard to be male. No offense to male living things.)

I am crying while doing all these. And I shouted at my dad who happily sit at the sofa watching TV as if nothing has happened. Totally didn't consider how I felt. So I shout and cry and smack him saying how selfish he is. Thats when he finally gave up his TV and help me.

Ironically, only when facing lizards, my mum is the only one who can understand me.

Below is a list of living things that I am extremely afraid of and have no control over my fear for them:

1) SNAILS/SLUGS. (reason: Combination of reptiles, shell-like creatures, slimy objects. Worse thing on earth EVAR. Useless to the max and I don't understand why it ain't extinct. Super duper duper gross when you pour salt on it. OH MAI GAWD. )
Worse scenario: A snail as BIG as my foot. I am shoe size 8. Link to a youtube video of how it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mkv4AdjpEUg
[ I picked up lots of courage to find this on youtube. Of course I avoid looking at the whole video! I only copy paste the link. ]

2) LIZARDS. (reason: reptiles. The legs just send shivers to me when it runs. And I blackout when the tail is detached from the body)
Worse scenario #1: My mum explains to me why she is afraid of lizards. Because one of it drop into her soup when she was young. And that hot pot of soup COOKED the lizard. Gross TO THE MAX.
Worse scenario #2: The tail broke. I was deeply traumatised and couldn't face lizards since then. Its was in the toilet.

3) Cockroach: (reason: shell-like creatures. Just gross. Have you seen it's eggs before?)
Worse Scenario: Freaking big size and there is a f*cking WHITE and TRANSPARENT one. Seriously. Google it if you are curious. I hope to meet a rainbow one, cause it'll definitely be gay.

4) Frogs: (reptiles, slimy objects, super bad skin texture but very moisturized.)
Worse Scenario: I ATE the porridge when I was young and happily thought its chicken. Until when I reach a certain age and I realised that its frogs. Totally gross me out.

5) Snakes: (reptiles, slimy objects, super gross skin)
Worse Scenario: When I was young, I saw a snake skin (it looks exactly like the snake) and its moving. I was 5 yrs old. I am still very near the floor and BAM! a snake. Traumatised.

6) Chameleon: (super similar to lizards. Only difference is that it merge into the background, I can hardly see it, thus minimize the fear.)
Worse Scenario: A GREEN FUCKING CHAMELEON. (note: Not Rango.)

Please do not play pranks on me using the listed creatures. Or anything similar. I will un-friend you and make sure you regret it!

No comments: